Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Nathan Kids Stainless Steel BottleB002HOL9O8 Not Durable Enough...and it leaks


Nathan 320 ml Kids Tritan Bottle with Flip Straw BPA-Free, Teal
  • Good for you and good for the environment
  • Dishwasher safe
  • Fingerloop with QuickClip for attaching to belts and packpacks
  • Flip straw provides access to fluids without unscrewing the cap or tilting the bottle
  • No liners. No BPA.
  • Not Durable Enoughand it leaks I purchased this water bottle as an alternative to the CamelBak kids stainless water bottle. I love them but I never feel like I can get the bite valve real clean. So when I saw this it looked much easier to clean and small enough to fit into the cup holder in his car seat.Butafter about 2 weeks of using it we are done with it. Here's why1. It isn't leak proof. You have to have the straw/loop part in the down position or it leaks. What 23 year old remembers to put it back down after drinking? And what 23 year old doesn't just drop it on the ground when they are done drinking? So I had pools of water all over my house.2. One of those times when he was drinking from it and dropped to the floor not threw it just dropped it the plastic straw/loop piece you drink from broke where it attaches to the lid. So now you can no longer drink from it. It's useless.So now I have a great stainless steel water bottle just sitting on my counter. The bottle held up to the dropping and washing great. The lid needs some rethinking if they are going to target the toddler/kid group.Don't buy this until the lid is redesigned. Even though I'm concerned about cleaning the CamelBak bite valve it doesn't leak doesn't break and I can buy a replacement valve. I've had two of them for over 2 years and they are still the front runner in our house.
    Leaks and hard to drink out of I bought this for my 16 month old daughter who has previously used a sippy camelbak. This is a horrible construction for a toddler or for any child. It constantly leaks even when it is closed and she has a very difficult time drinking out of it. I think it is because the sippy part for her mouth is so stiff. I recommend a Camelbak as a much better alternative for a toddler.
    Leaks in a lunchbox This seems to be only leakproof if it is held by a carabiner or similar device attached to the rounded fingerloop. In my son's lunchbox it leaked because other items in the box pushed on this loop and essentially opened the straw part so liquid leaked out. I even tried to tape it shut but it still leaked. I was still using it if I knew it was going to be in an upright position like in the car but now 1 month after purchase the whole straw part/finger loop broke at the hinge part plastic and has rendered this completely useless.
    Leaks This water bottle leaks. I would not buy one again. I bought it because it is dishwasher safe supposedly.
    Great straw cup.Can also be used as a sippy!
    Top broke in three weeks I bought a bunch of these to replace plastic bottle usage at our house. The top part where it hinges open and closed broke within three weeks and renders the top useless. If you pair the bottle with a different top since I bought more than one it still works but it is a rather pricey item to break so readily. Look elsewhere for another design.
    Great Straw Cup for a Toddler that Chews This cup is well made and is quite durable or at least the stainless steel one is. My son has struggled with the concept of a straw but with the help of heavy plastic straws he has been able to learn.This cup in particular has an exceptionally hard straw that won't easily be chewed. We have had others that were hard but just not hard enough.The adult version of this cup has a soft outer around the straw part. I do not suggest it for kids that chew. Nor do I suggest the thin plastic version of this cup either. Most toddlers and kids are not gentle with a cup and heavy plastics barely hold up I am sure a thin one won't.The straw does leak but not near as much as other straw cups and I kind of expected this to happen. It is the nature of a straw. I am simply teaching my child how to set their cup down upright rather than tossed wherever.I wish this cup was offered in a wider variety of stainless steel colors but maybe with time it will be.EDITI wanted to update my review now that a year has passed. Now as of March 2012 this cup is still fully functioning and in great shape. I keep telling myself I will buy a second but I never have a need to when this one gets the job done.
    My little one loves this bottle.it's a mini version of Mommy's I love this water bottle. I did have to send the first one back b/c the spout part broke off. Amazon sent me a replacement one the next day.
    Not a good product easily broken. Avoid this product if you can. We had it for the span of a few months before it was unusable.
    Poor Design I purchased this bottle for myself as I wanted something small to fit into my bag. I used it once and then the second time I used it after opening it twice the plastic top piece holding the straw broke off. If this isn't strong enough for an adult to use I can't imagine giving it to a child.


    Good for you and good for the environment.Dishwasher safe.Fingerloop with QuickClip for attaching to belts and packpacks.Flip straw provides access to fluids without unscrewing the cap or tilting the bottle.No liners. No BPA.. Stainless steel refillable bottle is and is a healthy way to maintain proper hydration levels all day.


    Related Products
    • CamelBak 0.4-Liter Kids Bottle CamelBak kid bottle an amazing solution After trying so many bottles some of which promised to be dripless but failed we heard of the Camelbak and we LOVE IT.It's so easy to assemble easy to clean dishwasher safe!!!and no matter hwo many ...Read the full

    • Eco Vessel Stainless Steel Kids Bottle with Straw Top Eco Vessel vs. CamelBak I wanted something that was less plastic unbreakable and easy to clean for the kids. It comes apart to clean and is of heavy construction. I still wouldn't put milk in any of these but it looks like it may clean up ...Read the full

    • Nathan Stainless Steel Flip Straw Bottle comfortable grip cool flip straw great colors non toxic Here is something different on the stainless steel bottle front. Nathan bottles have an ergonomic grip funky bright designs and colors and plain ones too and an interesting spout. It's covered in silicone has ...Read the full

    • Nathan Stainless Steel 700 mL Flip Straw Bottle Great Alternative to Sigg I wanted a bottle with a simple slim shape that could fit as easily in a backpack side pocket work messenger bag bike messenger bag or clip to a belt or bag loop. I didn't want a weird curve like the Klean Kanteens or some weirdo laminate ...Read the full

    • Nathan Stainless Steel 700ml Silicone Sleeve Flip Straw Bottle Nice bottle Easy to clean and love that flip straw. Very easy to use for my 6 years old. ...Read the full

    No comments:

    Nathan Kids Stainless Steel BottleB002HOL9O8 Not Durable Enough...and it leaks Post a Comment

    water bottle with straw Popular Posts